We are open and welcoming guests!
This destination has COVID-19 travel restrictions in place for out of town guests, including specific restrictions for lodging for travelers from states that include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina ,North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma,Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming . However, this list of states can change as the infection rates change.
Please check any national, local and health advisories for this destination before you book.
At The Hotel Ithaca, our first priority is and always has been the health and safety of our guests and associates. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, we want you to rest assured that we are doing everything we can to ensure peace of mind as you plan your next stay with us. The Hotel Ithaca will be welcoming hotel guests with new systems and protocols. These new procedures follow Centers of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and demonstrate our commitment to protecting guest safety
- The restaurant will be open for breakfast daily and dinner on Friday and Saturdays.
- Room service will also be available for breakfast daily and dinner on Friday and Saturdays.
- The restaurant and bar will be closed for lunch .
- The fitness room is closed until regulations allow for its opening
- The swimming pool is closed until further notice
- Guests will utilize front doors to enter the hotel
- All guests entering the hotel will need to wear a face mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located near the entrance, and guests will be directed to sanitize hands before proceeding further.
- Bell service will be provided upon request. Carts will be sanitized prior to and after each use. Bellman will ride in a separate elevator and will not enter the room.
- Plexi-glass shields will separate front desk teams from guests at check-in and check-out.
- All front and back-of-house hotel staff will be wearing face masks.
- Housekeeping staff has increased cleaning frequencies of button panels throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located on each elevator landing.
- No more than four guests per elevator (unless they are in the same family group).
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, hair dryer, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Newspaper and magazine services have been suspended until further notice.
- Daily housekeeping has been suspended for guests staying 4 days or less. Towels will be left outside the room on request.
- Guests may request daily housekeeping which will be scheduled for a time when they're not in the room.
- The CDC states: Coronaviruses spread mainly through close contact from person to person with one another (within about 6 feet) by respiratory droplets, produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can be taken in by people who are nearby or could possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- In regard to surfaces: Every guest room will be cleaned with detailed attention to highly touched areas before check in and only as an extra precaution, where possible, rooms will remain unoccupied for 24 hours after cleaning. During busy periods this is not achievable
- Ozone machines will also be used occasionally to purify air in guest rooms when possible
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, fitness center equipment, business center equipment, swimming pool area and furnishings, coffee and beverage stations, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Swimming pool water is sanitized ensuring correct levels of chemical treatments three times a day, every day.
- Fitness rooms and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized three times a day every day with sanitizer solution and paper towels made available for all guests.
- Transportation in courtesy vehicles (where applicable) has been suspended.
- Restaurants and bars will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
- All Guests when entering the dining room will need to wear a face mask. This may be removed when sitting at a table. Anytime a guest leaves the table they must re-apply their mask.
- Drinks can be served, however, bar operating hours are temporarily suspended until State mandates are lifted.
- Plastic covered menus will be used so that they can be sanitized after each use.
- Room service orders will be left outside the guest room.
- Waitstaff will be wearing masks.